- You can set up call forwarding on your Android phone so that it forwards your calls to Google Voice or another phone.
- Call forwarding feature is included in the phone app settings.
- You can also change your call forwarding settings using call codes in the Phone app or by using a third-party app like Call Divert.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference Library for more stories.
Most of the time, you probably want your phone calls to arrive, you know, on your phone. But there are a surprising number of occasions when you might want to call your Android phone to actually ring a different number – like if you’re traveling, or you want the call to go to
. On most Android phones, it’s easy to set up call forwarding, as long as your cellular plan supports the feature.
How to set up call forwarding on Android using the phone app settings
Android versions vary, but it’s usually easy to set up call forwarding using the Android phone app.
1. start the Telephone Implementation.
2. Click on three points top of the page and click Settings.
3. handle calls.
4. On the Connection Settings page, click Divert calls. You now have many options, and you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- always forward: Enter the number you wish to forward all incoming calls to, then tap his job. Most of the time, if you want to set up call forwarding, this is the option you are going to change.
- when you are busy: Enter the number you want to call only if this Android phone number is busy. This may already be set to your voicemail number.
- when you don’t reply: Enter the number you want to call if you didn’t pick up the phone. This may already be set to your voicemail number.
- When inaccessible: If your phone is in Airplane mode, turned off, or has no cellular signal, it will be redirected here. It’s also possible that this is already set to your voicemail number.
How to set up call forwarding on Android with calling codes
Before the rise of smartphones and app-based voicemail, it was common to use dialing codes to “program” your phone to access common features. You can still manually set your phone to forward calls with a dial code if you want.
In most cases, you can forward all incoming calls to your Android phone to another number by calling * 72 followed by the 10-digit phone number you want to forward to. For example:
If successful, you will hear a series of beeps and the connection will be disconnected.
To cancel call divert, repeat the process but use *73Such as:
Third Party Call Forwarding Apps on Android
As a general rule, you probably don’t need to use a third-party app to do call forwarding, but you can use it if you can’t find call forwarding settings on your phone and prefer to have a simple interface instead of entering a dial code in your phone app .
Some of the simple and free apps that set up call forwarding include:
- Call Forwarding – Forwarding: Call Divert contains icons to enable and disable call forwarding as well as a few other settings and a handy list of calling icons that you can use to control various features of your phone.
- Call forwarding: Call Forwarding is a simple app with two buttons: one to set up call forwarding and one to disable it.